Saturday, January 15, 2011

24 Weeks....13 more to go!!!

Today I had another routine appointment and it appears everything is looking good and is pretty normal. So far my weight gain is fine, haven't gained but 14lbs total...not too terrible at this point, especially since I just got through the holiday season.  We heard the heartbeats again and both sounded strong.  TJ's heartbeat was 150 and Matthew's was 140 (110-160 is normal at this stage). Next week we meet with the Perinatal Specialist again to check everything out in detail.  The following week we will have a 3D/4D Ultrasound done...stay tuned for those photos!!

So far I've been feeling pretty good, except the last few nights sleeping has been tough.  I can't seem to get comfortable, other than sitting upright in bed, which is not comfortable, but at least I can close my eyes.  Lying on my side feels like an impossible task at this point, so I can’t even begin to imagine how I’m going to feel in 3 months.

These boys have been kicking.... a lot....the are pretty active within 20 minutes or so of eating. I guess they get a bit of energy from my breakfast, lunch, and dinner!  TJ seems to kick more often, but Matthew's kicks feel stronger.  Scott has been able to feel them kick a few times,which has been pretty cool. Not sure what that means....I wonder if it is any indication about their personalities.  We'll see in a few months. 

Due to the major snow storm this week (a whole 6 inches) I have been out of school all week.  Trust me, I enjoyed sleeping a little later than usual, but being stuck in the house until Thursday was pretty bad.  The snow came on Sunday night around 9pm and we had 3 or 4 inches within an hour.  Since Georgia does not have adequate resources for snow removal, we were stuck at the house.  Roger loves the snow and wants to stay outside and play…unfortunately it is too cold for Scott to stay out and run around with him.  At least being stuck in the house I was able to get a lot done….I cleaned a lot, loads of laundry completed, worked on the nursery a bit and just organized things all around.  At least I was productive.
24 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment