Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As my summer vacation/maternity leave comes to a close, I am so thankful that I was able to spend the first 14 weeks of TJ and Matthew's lives with them.  Every day has been both a challenge and an absolute joy.  I have never worked so hard, laughed so much, and felt so much love.  I am so fortunate that I have two amazing little boys....for about a month these two little angels have really stepped up their game and have worked hard to sleep through the night.
I am still in shock that they are sleeping as well as they do...I know a lot of new parents have babies that do not sleep well and are up all night.  I'm not sure what we have done right or wrong, but for the moment the sleep pattern is working out great.  Every night at about 8:15 we can see the boys getting cranky and sleepy.  we try our best to push them to 9, so that they will sleep later in the morning.  So far this has worked pretty well.Our evening routine is to try to keep the boys awake until 9pm and then bring them to the nursery, swaddle them, and top them off with a little feeding.  By 9:30 Scott puts two little sleeping angels in the crib and Mommy gets ready for bed.  
Matthew, or Matty Moo as we like to call him, is a STUD!  He sleeps through the night almost every single night.  I'm talking between 8-10 hours from one feeding to the next.  Matthew typically wakes up between 7 and 7:30....God Bless him!
T.J. on the other hand typically wakes up between 3 and 3:30..he is not really hungry, he will just nurse for a few minutes, but he really likes to cuddle.  T.J. is very much a Mama's Boy at this stage (I love it) and just wants to be near me.  Whether I sleep with him in my arms in the chair in the nursery or with him in my arms in bed, he sleeps like a champion when he is with me.  I do not hate this at all.....I love this special little time with him.  He will then wake up for good around 7 or 7:30.
Now that I am about to start back to work I am going to miss out on my favorite time of the day.  Since the boys get up around 7, Scott will bring Matthew and TJ into our bed and the four of us will lay there and talk...and boy can these kids talk.  For about 4 weeks now they just chat away.  T.J. likes to mimic the sounds we make.  He really studies our faces and lips and tries to copy it.  It is adorable.  Matthew is LOUD...and he just laughs and laughs and smiles and talks away.  I would love to know what was going through their minds at this time.  This is by far the best time of the day for them....no fussing, no crying, just hanging out.  They tend to stay this way until about 10 or so....just enough time for Mommy to get showered, and ready for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment