Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What the boys have been up to.....

I began this post on July 15th....and I thought I posted it.  Sleep deprived..perhaps.

Since I last wrote the boys have done A LOT!!!  They have traveled to South Carolina, been Christened, been swimming just to name a few.  Mostly though, they have grown...tons!  As of today Matthew is 14lbs 8 oz and TJ is 14 lbs.  They have outgrown all of their 3 month clothes and fit comfortable in 6 and 6-9 month outfits.  I am amazed at the rate at which they are growing.  It is insane.
5am...first Road Trip - off to Myrtle Beach to visit Uncle Paul, Aunt Alli, and Decky!

Hanging out with Aunt Alli


Breast feeding....
Let me start by saying that I am not one of those people that is on a crusade to get everyone they know to breastfeed exclusively.  I have tried my best to just do breast milk, but as much as we are on the go, there is no way I could breast feed for every feeding.  Perhaps if there was just one of them...but with two...it is a sight to see me with the two boys trying to nurse.  It is certainly doable at the house, but there is no chance I will ever attempt that feat in public, especially since they are getting huge!!  Anyway, I love breast feeding..yes, it does but a damper on things sometimes, like when TJ refuses to eat and basically goes on a hunger strike if I can't nurse him...he will actually miss a feeding or two...talk about stubborn. Trust me, there are times when I have wanted to pull the car over and nurse him on the spot, but it is just not possible.
When I first decided to do the breast feeding thing my thoughts were based on how incredibly good the breast milk is for the baby.  The financial aspect didn't hurt either.  At $25 a jar for formula, multiplied by two babies.....we would be broke!  I never expected to have a rewarding feeling with each feeding.  Even in the middle of the night, while I HATE waking up, I love the quality time I spend with my boys. 
I love that the three of us spend quiet time in the middle of the night and I see expressions on their faces that melt my heart.  When Matthew is flipping out and then the instant he realizes what is about to happen, a sudden calm washes over him and he settles in for a good feeding.  TJ will often look up into my eyes and give me the biggest smile I have ever seen...as if he is saying "Thanks Mommy".  I will treasure these moments forever.  I look forward to doing this for a few more months so that I can hopefully provide these boys with a good, healthy start to their lives.  Additionally, I had no idea how amazing the breast feeding thing was for losing baby weight...so ladies that are pregnant...if you are on the fence, I would encourage you to try the breast feeding for a least a few weeks.....it could change your life...I know it has mine. I have never felt better and I feel that there is a connection with my sons that is just between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment