Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Giving Thanks ..Thanksgiving 2011..a little delayed

"Give thanks for the blessings already on their way"... Is a quote on my kitchen wall.  I bought this when we first moved into our  house.  For the several years I would stare at that sign and think "When are my blessings going to come?"  All I wanted was children.  Obviously there is a plan and only God can dtermine what it is.  At this time in my life I am so thankful for the struggles we went through because we would likely not have had twins.  Most people offer some type of condolence when they see my trucking through Target with the double stroller.  "Better you than me" is the most typical thought that comes out of people's mouths.  My response...."Yep". 
Here is my list of thanks....not all...too many blessings to count:
1.  My sons.  There are no words eloquent enough to express how much my life has changed beacuse of them.  Every day is a gift and every night I get sad that they are growing up too fast.  I love them as babies.  They make me want to be a better person every day. 
2.  My husband. He loves me and loves his sons...what more could a girl ask for?  He gets up every night and helps with the boys...not a lot of men can say that.
3.  My parents.  #1 would not be possible if it was not for you.  Your love and support and assistance in the entire process was amazing and selfless.  My children are a gift from God, via Mom and Dad.  You are my role models and inspiration in parenting.
4.  Coastal Carolina University.  Hmm??? Why?  Well, they gave Paul a job which brought him back to the east coast and closer to us.  Since they moved back in March we have seen them so much, but still not enough.  They have road tripped here, and we have traveled out there.  It is so nice to be able to watch my handsome nephew grow and to get closer with my sister in law.  I am so excited for the arrival of their little boy...just wish I knew his name. There have been no less than 7 road trips between us, which means they boys have all spent TONS of quality time together.
5.  Church.  While the Catholic Church gets a bad rap in the south, I am so thankful to be a member of St. Michael's.  Mass on Sunday is great, the boys enjoy it (for now) and I feel good every time I go.  I think the routine of going and the lessons learned will help my boys grow to be great men.  Additionally, after I had the boys, the meals ministry at my church provided us with a month's worth of dinners. Total strangers from the church coordinated the meal calendar, delivered them to our house (which is 25 minutes from the church) and gave us delicious and complete meals....salads, bread, entree, desserts, wine, and many baby gifts.  It was such a blessing to have so many meals cooked.  Mom was already back to her house and had her own dinners to cook...this really helped out since there was no way I was able to cook for me and Scott at that point.  I could barely get out to get the mail on a good day so cooking...no way.
6.  Family....while my NY family wasn't able to be here on a daily basis, many of them came down for the Christening and the calls/emails/texts of support are always encouraging.
7.  Friends. Laura Hurter.....came by many times this summer, with lunch for me, allowed me to get some rest while she hung out with the boys, changed diapers, spent the night to help with night duty so Scott could rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment