Friday, September 14, 2012

Family Vacation....bout time

As I sit at school, wrapping up my day I realize that I am no better than my students. I am so excited to leave this place and head to the beach for a week.  So, Saturday morning, bright and early, the four of us head out to Myrtle Beach to enjoy a little family time.  This vacation will be the first time we have been on vacation as a family and the first real vacation for Scott since our Honeymoon 5 1/2 years ago!!!

Shortly after our Honeymoon Scott took a new job and since then he has not been able to leave work for anything longer than a 4 day weekend.  Since the boys arrived, he has not had any time away from home with them.  I have taken them on several trips, but Scott's never been. 

Every morning this week Scott says "Just ____more wake-ups until we leave".  Last Sunday as he was finishing cooking us a ridiculous breakfast he said "this time next week we will be sitting on our balcony, looking at the ocean, drinking a cup of coffee".  I am so excited to get away with my favorite men, but I am more excited to see Scott's reaction to the little guys running all over the beach.  Hopefully we will get to enjoy some beautiful weather and get some quality time with Paul, Alli, Declan, and Carrig! 

Pictures of our road trip to follow!!!!  For now...20 minutes until I am out of here, heading home to pack, and then on the road by 7am! Look out Myrtle Beach, the Henson twins are headed to town...

No comments:

Post a Comment