Saturday, January 8, 2011

Big Congrats!

In an earlier post I told everyone about what an amazing year 2010 was for me and Scott.  At that time I wasn't able to share all of the good news.  A few days ago my big brother, Paul, received word that he was going to be hired to be the next Head Coach at Coastal Carolina University (D1) in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. 
After 10 years at the University of Colorado serving as the Associate Head Coach, Paul has finally been given the opportunity to run his own program.  I am sure this is going to be an amazing opportunity for him and his family as they make a new life for themselves in South Carolina.  Paul has worked so hard, for so long, as anyone inside the CU programs can tell you.  He is an amazing coach and I can't wait to see what he does with his talents on the east coast. 
This news has answered not only Paul and Alli's prayers, but those of my parents, mine, and I am certain, all of Alli's family's prayers as well. What a great move professionally.  This move is also going to put the Hogan's about 6 hours from us in GA and probably 4 hours from Alli's family in Charlotte.  It is going to be awesome to have them close by, and yes, a 6 hour drive for a Hogan is close by.... I think my mother has been crying about the good news for 2 weeks...that is, when she wasn't packing up Paul's house at Christmas!  And in continuing with tradition,my father has probably already checked out Paul's soccer schedule for the Fall and mapped out what games he will be attending. (My parents rarely missed a soccer game that Paul or I played in throughout our years in college). Paul....did you want to look at Dad as an Asst. Coach.?????? You know he will give you his thoughts after every game...LOL
On a personal note, the news of Paul's job makes me so happy.  Finally Paul is closer to us.  Alli and I can spend time together when I take the boys out there and move in at the beach for the entire summer and I can finally get to know the happiest baby in America!  I am so excited that my boys and Declan will actually be able to see each other grow up in person, rather than through Skype.  I can't wait for the day that those 3 crazy boys are running all over Nana and Pop's house or all over the beach!!!! 
I sure do hope Paul and Alli are ok with weekend visitors and crying babies!  Seriously though, I couldn't be more proud of Paul or happier for him as he starts this amazing new endeavor.  We love you Chooch!

http://www.goccusports.com/sports/w-soccer/coas-w-soccer-body.html

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205072891&DB_OEM_ID=600

http://www.bigsouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=4800&ATCLID=205072672

1 comment: