Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My family.....

What words can I use to describe my family.....amazing, loving, caring, compassionate, loud, hilarious, insane, affectionate, silly, clumsy, adorable, thoughtful, selfless......as you can see, I can go on and on raving about the amazing people in my life.  I love my life in Georgia, and I wouldn't trade any of it for anything, but I sure do miss being able to see my family in NY on a regular basis.  I hate that when we do see each other it is only for a quick weekend here and there since we all work, have families, and have very full lives.

The first weekend in March I was so blessed to have my Heckelman (mom's side) cousins and my Aunt Marie, and Laura’s daughter Alyssa come to town to celebrate the impending arrival of the babies.  An added bonus was that Paul and Alli were in town with Declan after packing up their house in Boulder and heading east.  The Heckelman's finally got to meet our precious Declan and spend some quality time with one of the happiest kids on the planet.  I am pretty sure everyone fell in love with him.  Nana was particularly impressed.  I don't know the last time I saw my mother this happy..... Her favorite people were in town for a baby shower for her soon to be grandsons.....and everyone got to love on her first grandson and hang out and just laugh.  These are the moments that we remember forever and will laugh about for years to come.

My family threw me a little shower since they were not able to make it to the other shower in February.  My family is so generous and did such a nice lunch for me.  The gifts were crazy…lots of adorable clothes ( a lot of Yankee attire J), hand crocheted blankets from Nanny (Aunt Marie’s mom who made them years ago and has since passed away), and lots of other amazing items. 

After the girls departed for the airport and Paul and Alli headed out to start their new lives, Scott, Dad, Mom, and I got to spend some serious quality time with my handsome nephew.  Paul and Alli decided to leave him with Mom for the week since their furniture, Declan’s toys, and clothes, and pretty much everything they own was in the process of being shipped across the country.  I’m sure it was hard to leave him, but we are sure glad they did.  Each day after school I rushed over to Mom’s to hand with the little guy for a few hours before he went to bed.  He is so precious and funny.  He really makes himself laugh, loves the bathtub, and goes to bed pretty easy.  On the other hand…possibly the sloppiest eater ever….He LOVES to make a mess….yet he also loves cleaning the floors and putting stuff away.  I don’t think I can figure this kid out. J  I know my parents were sad to have to bring him out to the beach and leave him.  Mom came home and didn’t know what to do with herself.

Anyway, while the visit with everyone was far too short, it was a great weekend, spent with people I love, laughing, eating, and celebrating the good things God has blessed us with.


















No comments:

Post a Comment