At the start of this pregnancy I created two “to-do” lists…one for me and one for Scott. My goal was to have everything completed by mid-February. Much to my surprise, we actually accomplished this task.
The biggest task was putting together the nursery. We decided to use the “media room” in our house as the nursery because we felt it was important to keep the boys together for a while. Eventually they will have their own bedrooms and the nursery will transition to their play room. For now, we have them together as much as possible.
Before we knew what we were having, we started looking at all types of bedding, some for girls, some for boys, and some if we had one of each. It was really easy once we found out we were having boys. I fell in love with this adorable little monkey bedding set. We had already picked out the furniture…and thanks to our parents, all we had to buy was one dresser. So, each boy has a crib that will convert to a full size bed and a big dresser.
Throughout the past few months I have spent time looking for “stuff” to put on the walls. I don’t like a lot of clutter, but I like my house to look lived in. We settled on some nice shelving thanks to IKEA and found some cute things to decorate the walls with.
We have one odd wall…it’s only about 3 feet across and there is not much to do with it. So, I decided to try to find some old photos of all of the family members that these boys are named after. I have most of the pictures, I just have to find somewhere to blow them up and frame them. I thought it would be nice to eventually show the boys where they got their names. We have some pretty cool pictures…now just to get them on the wall!
We love the room….thanks in large part to my dad who installed the chair rail, the light fixtures, and painted! This was his gift to the boys and we love it and truly appreciate all of the time he spent working on the room. Now all we need is the babies to fill it!
No comments:
Post a Comment