Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tired and swollen

So at this point I am 34 weeks pregnant.  I never would have imagined that I would be this tired.  I had read all about the exhaustion and all of the side effects of pregnancy, which is apparently amplified when you're carrying two. 

I have always tried to be pretty tough and not let pain effect me….but I am no longer able to do that.  I barely sleep at night, which is probably good practice for the coming months, and my back, legs and feet hurt all the time.  I officially have “cankles”.  Not very cute and the kids at school want to vomit when they see how swollen I am from my knees to my toes.  At my doctors appointment a few weeks ago my doctor said it was because of my “enormous uterus” that the blood isn’t circulating well….and that it was typical.  At least I can rest easy knowing nothing is wrong, just gross!

Since I am so tired, I can barely walk around school.  My doctor was not happy (at my 32 week appt) that I was still working.  She really didn’t like it when I told her my plan was to work until April 15th.  We compromised and settled on April 1st being my last day at school.  This works out well as I won’t have to return after Spring Break which begins that weekend.

Due to my fatigue and swelling, Scott and my mother really don’t want me doing too much.  Mom came over the other night to help wash the babies bedding, clothes, socks, blankets, etc.  She spent several hours running up and down the stairs to the laundry room.  I don’t know what I would do without her.  Scott has been a trooper too.  He has been either cooking or ordering in food so I don’t have to do anything but relax when I get home from work.  My mother in law has been planning some meals to freeze for us so I don’t have to cook when I get home from the hospital.  It sure is nice having family that is so close by and that is willing to help out whenever we ask.  I can't say enough how fortunate we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment