Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wow...big boys

As of 5/25/11:
During the past week or so I have noticed that the appetite on T.J. and Matthew has really increased...a lot!  Last week, T.J. wanted to eat every hour and a half to two hours...since he nurses for about 45 minutes at a time, that means that I have about 45 minutes to an hour to get anything accomplished before he freaks out again, and that is if he is calm after eating.  The following day, Matthew went through the same thing.  I read that it is a sign of a possible growth spurt.
Yesterday we went to the doctor for their 1 month appointment.  Everything is fine and normal with both of them.  However, boy did they grow!!
T.J. is now 21 1/2 inches long and 9 lb 10 oz - so he has grown almost 2 inches and gained nearly 3 lbs since leaving the hospital (he lost some weight in the hospital).
Matthew is now 21 inches (up 1 inch) and 9 lb 5 oz - again 2 1/2 lbs heavier.

I am sure glad I am nursing these kids and not using just formula...not sure that I could afford to feed them.  They just want to eat non-stop.  The only break I get is at night when they can sleep up to 4 hours or so before they wake up hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment