Wednesday, May 25, 2011

So the honeymoon is over....

Sort of....its still all lovey here, but these boys are starting to really voice their opinions these past few days.  This morning Matthew awoke around 6:30am (no problem with that), but he definitely woke up on the wrong side of the crib.  He was hysterical and there was no real reason for it.  He was dry, clean, and he ate an hour earlier.  He just would not settle down.  Once he did, his brother lost HIS mind.  It went on like this until about noon when I finally got myself finished showering and drying the hair, fed them for the 5th time this morning, and changed T.J.'s 7th diaper of the morning...yes, 7. T.J. thinks it is hilarious to blow through the college savings by refusing to poop in an already dirty or wet diaper.  He will poop, scream, get changed, and 30 seconds later, poop again.  I may be starting to see things, but I swear he is smiling when he is pooping again. 
Anyway, I finally got them in their car seats, and the second I did, they both passed out.  I got them in the car and just drove for about 30 minutes and then headed to my mother's house, where they slept in the car seats until 3:30.  They were exhausted from 5 hours of screaming! 
While today was frustrating and draining, I have to keep reminding myself that a year ago I was praying for this.....ask and you shall receive I guess.  And I couldn't be happier to change 2 dozen diapers in a day, nurse every 2 hours, and not get the chance to brush my teeth until noon... It is a blessing, but I just wish they could tone down the cries...especially since now I am starting to see the actual tears....breaks my heart every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment