Thursday, December 23, 2010

20 Weeks

This week I had my 20 week apppointment, which means I am half way there!  I took my mother-in-law in the hopes that she would be able to see the ultrasound or at least hear the heartbeats.  There was no need for an ultrasound, which is good, but Myra was at least able to hear both TJ and Matthew.  She really seemed to enjoy it.
Both boys hearts sounded strong and at this appointment TJ was pretty calm, not a lot of movement, which is opposite from every other ultrasound.  Matthew on the other hand was moving all over the place, which we had not heard/seen yet.  He is usually pretty calm. 
After my regular appointment, Scott and I went to the perinatal specialist, which is common practice with multiples.  This was our 3rd visit.  The last time we were there (16 1/2 weeks) both boys weighed about 7oz (I later read that 3-5 oz is the average for that stage..yikes).  At this visit they did an Anatomy Scan.  We were able to see all of their organs, the heart chambers, brain activity, kidneys, fingers and toes and everything else.  We were also able to confirm that they are both indeed boys! 
The appointment went well...and both boys are now about 13 oz each.  Again, everything that I have read says they should be around 10 oz. each.  So, perhaps this means they will be big...or...they are just growing fast right now.

I also found out that we will schedule the C-section for April 20th.  That means we are just 4 months away.  They will arrive during the 37th week, which is a little early, but typical for multiples.  The doctor and I agreed that a C-section was the best way to go...don't want to have to do an emergency c-section after pushing one...in the event that the other is a little stubborn.

We are so exctied....can hardly wait for the boys to get here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment