Here is Dad putting the finishing touches on the nursery that he did for the boys....he painted, installed chair rail, and will put up a cieling fan soon. This is one of his many gifts to TJ and Matthew.
Today, Christmas Eve,marks 21 weeks pregnant. It has been a crazy week getting ready for the holidays. On Sunday we went to my friend Laura's house for a small Christmas get-together with a few people from school. I was quite surprised that people brought gifts for me...or should I say for the boys. Lots of clothes, some bibs, and blankets. It was very thoughtful of everyone to think of me and of Laura to ask people if they wanted to do that. The clothes are too cute.
I have begun hanging all of the clothes and organizing them by size. We already have lots of clothes....TJ and Matthew probably have more clothes than Scott!
Also this week, my father has been here doing work in the nursery. Since he is not able to golf for a few weeks, he has been going a little stir-crazy at the house and wanted to come over and paint. So, he installed chair rail, patched the walls, and began the painting process. I think he wants all of the paint completed before he heads out to Colorado to visit Paul, Alli,and Declan on Christmas night. I can't believe how much work my dad has done here to get the house ready for the babies. I am so thankful that he is both willing and able to do it....not sure what we would have done without him.
Hopefully we will be able to pick up the rest of the furniture in the next week or so and get the carpets cleaned so we can go ahead and start setting up the nursery
We are looking forward to hanging out with the Henson's, Loopers, Culpeppers, and Amann's tonight for Christmas Eve. Every year we go to Scott's Grandmother's house and hang out with his family for a few hours and celebrate and then head to my parents for a late, but delicious Christmas Eve dinner. On Christmas Day, Scott's parents, Richard, and my parents will all come over to our house for dinner. Supposed to get snow on Christmas night...I'll believe it when I see it!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment