On Christmas Eve we went to Scott's grandmother's house, Memaw, to spend time with the Henson side of the family. Although we were short on time, we had a lot of good laughs. The family traditionally does gag gifts for each other, but I simply ran out of time and energy this season so I had none to give. We sure did get some good ones though. Memaw, Grandma, Nana & Poppa Henson, and Richard & Jake, sure did get TJ and Matthew some awesome clothes and toys. If we got tons of stuff this year for the boys, I am afraid of what we will see next year. YIKES! Everyone has been so thoughtful!
After appetizers at Memaw's, we headed to my parents for the traditional Christmas Eve dinner of shrimp cocktail, lobster tails, and filet mignon......sooooo yummy!!! Mom did a great job again. Dad made me my new favorite drink too...sparkling grape juice with a splash of cranberry...looks like a cocktail, tastes like one too (if you were to have a very weak bartender) but there is none of the hangover...so all around yummy.
Christmas morning we woke up to get ready for church, gave Roger his stocking with loads of canned pumpkin, cranberry, sweet potatoes, and traditional dog treats...he loved his peanut butter lollipop! We headed to church, then to breakfast at Mom's, exchanged gifts...more great stuff for the boys...and then quickly home to get started on dinner...
With the bad weather already on its way I had to get the standing rib roast started as it was going to take about 3 1/2 hours to cook...as well as all the other things to go with it. We planned for Tommy, Myra, and Richard to spend the night...oh, with their dogs too, in the event they were snowed in.
Mom and Dad had to get to the airport too for a flight to Denver.
Dinner was great - lobster bisque to start, prime rib, carrots and onion in a Cabernet glaze, asparagus, corn, and rolls.....dessert...a little raspberry cheesecake and cappuccino cheesecake too...although we had to rush through this so everyone could get out safely.
Good thing they left when they did (too early for my taste but had to be safe). My parents got to the airport, and after a little trip to the ditch, Tommy, Myra, and Richard got home safe too....
All in all, one of the best Christmas weekends in a long time...snow on the ground and family that is healthy, happy, and safe...what more could you ask for...oh...I know...Paul, Alli, and Declan....maybe next year!
Roger and his Christmas loot!
Big girl and Scotty
I swear I'm not choking Roger...he was a good boy all day!
Not a great picture...but you get the idea...White Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment