Thursday, December 2, 2010

The names.....and the meaning behind it

For some people (Paul and Alli) it takes a long time to figure out what name you want to give your child...for us...about 10 seconds. Long ago we decided that if we were ever fortunate to have a son his name would be Thomas John, or TJ.  We had a girl name picked out too...but I guess that one didn't work out.  Thinking of the second name didn't take too long either.  We thought of family names immediately and found some pretty impressive people to name our son after.

The meaning and origins of:

Thomas John (TJ) Henson   and    Matthew Paul Henson

Thomas - means "twin"; named for Scott  (Thomas Scott Henson), Scott's father - Tommy Henson, my Fathers' middle name - Paul Thomas Hogan, and Scott's grandfather - Thomas Leon Henson.

John - means "God's grace"; named for my uncle; John Heckelman

Matthew - means "Gift from God"; not initially named for anyone in particular, I have always loved the name, Scott loved it and then when talking to my mother, discovered that it was her grandfather's middle name.

Paul - means "little one"; named after my father Paul Thomas Hogan, my brother Paul Philip Hogan, and my grandfather Dennis Paul Hogan

It was really important to Scott and I to name our children after the people we most love, respect, and admire.  All of these men have impacted our lives, both directly and indirectly, in countless ways.  It is our hope that our boys have the character and love of family of each of these men.

1 comment:

  1. Nancy whilst I know all of those people are great and all I know TJ is named after Trevor and Jamie! On behalf of the Chantler man and I can I just say we are honoured! can't wait to see both the little men!!!!!

    ReplyDelete