Monday, May 9, 2011

My First Mother's Day....

Was fantastic....Scott, T.J., Matthew, and I began the weekend with visit at Scott's parents house.  The babies had the chance to meet both of their Great Grandmother's and I think the Great Grandmother's are in love!  Memaw and Grandma didn't want to put either of the boys down.  Richard and Jacob came over for a little while too to visit and celebrate Mother's Day.  Aunt Patti also popped in for a few minutes when she heard that the boys would be around.  We had a great day and I was glad that the boys were able to spend time with their Nana and Papa as well as their Great Grandparents....not many people have that opportunity and I want these boys to know all of the people that love them!

Memaw and Ed

Grandma

Sunday morning I woke up to some hungry little boys around 6am, which is not terrible, but I could have slept forever.  After feeding them, Scott went downstairs to make me a nice little breakfast and he helped me get the boys cleaned and dressed for their first trip to church.

Mom and I took them to mass and were a little nervous about what to expect.  These two kids totally stole the show at church.  Everyone was checking them out to see how handsome they are.  We didn't really know what to expect out of these boys and as luck would have it, feeding time came right in the middle of mass, but the boys were troopers as we gave them a little bottle of formula.  They were really quiet and well behaved and even went up to the alter for communion where the priest blessed them!  Great start to a great day.

After getting home, I was able to take a nap for a few hours on the couch while Scott handled all of the diaper changes...and with these two boys....there are a lot!!!!  At the same time, Scotty also prepped the food that he was cooking my parents and me for dinner. 

Scott made a delicious dinner (cooked the steaks to a perfect medium) and we were able to just hang out and enjoy a beautiful day.  It was a nice, relaxed weekend....the perfect Mother's Day!  Thanks Scott, TJ, Matthew, and Roger for making my day so perfect! 
Sleeping angels






Good looking boys  - Matthew and T.J.


Matthew

T.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment