Friday, May 20, 2011

What I know I know..

So, I am pretty new at this mother thing...but here is what I know that I know at this moment in time:
1.  I love my sons more than I ever thought possible.
2.  My two sons look nothing alike to me...they may to others, but I have studied every square inch of them and I see the beauty in their differences.
3.  At this moment in time, Thomas is the quiet one, very relaxed, has his father's personality.
4.  Matthew is a little more needy, loves to be held by his Mommy and has a bit of my personality...a little demanding and quite stubborn.
5.  My husband is an amazing father....he loves his boys, loves his wife, and would do anything for the three of us.
6.  Roger (the dog), has no idea what is going on in his world, but is adapting pretty well...he is just very curious about these two little noise makers.
7.  Matthew does not like to be naked, does not want to wait to eat, and LOVES his pacifier.
8.  T.J. will sit in a dirty diaper for as long as possible, goes with the flow, and only takes his pacifier if he is    hungry.
9.   Matthew has a big round face, chubby belly, and big feet and hands.
10. T.J. has a narrow face, is a major eater, and he too has big hands and feet.
11.  Every day I learn a little bit more about being a mom and about my babies.
12.  T.J. has very delicate features, so he appears to be much smaller than his brother, although he now surpasses Matthew in weight.
13.  Having twins is so incredibly difficult, but the rewards are so great.
14.  It would be impossible for me to get through these early days without my husband and my mother.
15.  Sleep is a beautiful thing and that I am fortunate that at this moment, my boys LOVE sleeping....although they are starting to be alert longer and longer each day....and night.
16.  I want to cry when I think that my sons could be in some sort of pain.
17.  I am so in love with these two babies that I would do anything to protect them.
18.  I don't want them to grow up...I love this stage....they are so dependent on me and I love that feeling.
19.  I can't wait for them to grow up so I can see all of the other stages they will go through.
20.  Scott and I have been blessed with some pretty awesome babies......
21.  My love for my family and friends has deepend because my heart has been completely opened.
22.  My children, my husband, and my family are the most important things in the world and I would go to the ends of the earth to protect them.
23.  Being a mother is what I was put on this earth to do....it is who I am and who I have wanted to be for most of my life.
24.  My husband has been so thoughtful and loving and misses his boys when he is at work.
25.  These babies LOVE being in the car and pass out as soon as we buckle them in.
26.  Fresh air seems to solve fussy boys almost instantly....at least that is true as of this moment.
27.  Watching Scott become a father has been awesome....he went from nervous to an expert diaper changer, swaddler, and Daddy in no time at all.
28.  I love when the boys fall asleep on my chest..it seems that they get their best sleep that way, and I get quality one-on-one time when they do.
29.  Nursing the babies is difficult..time consuming, no spicy foods, pumping after, etc...but I love the quiet time we all share together, the nutrients it provides them, and the actual ease of doing it.
30. These have been the best four weeks of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment