This second week has been a little more challenging...sleep deprivation has kicked in. Trying to feed these little guys is a challenge too and it is not possible to do so without a second set of hands. I have been able to feed them at the same time for almost every feeding, which is pretty awesome. They are pretty good eaters! The only problem is that I need that second person to grab the second baby and hand him to me to latch on. We keep everything on a well documented chart..very clincial, but very necessary....I can tell you when they last ate, pee'd and pooped! Fun stuff, right?
This week I have given the boys have had their sponge baths, which Matthew doesn't particularly care for. They have gone to the doctor for their check ups (all looks good), and they have finally met their cousin Declan, as well as Aunt Alli and Uncle Paul. It has been a great long weekend getting to meet the family.
My mother has been awesome as usual. For a woman who is her age, she sure has the energy of someone in her 20's.....she just doesn't quit. Once Scott started back to work, she started spending the night. She and I sleep in the guest room and when it's time for the boys to eat...she helps get them ready, she changes them, clean/sterilized the breast pump supplies, cooks food for me, makes sure I am taken care of, and she does this on the same amount (or less) of sleep that I get....she is truly Superwoman. I sure couldn't have gotten through this week without her help!! Love you Mom!!
| LOVE! |
Your twins are beautiful!!! Mine are almost 18 months old now and it seems like forever ago that they were l week old! Enjoy all these moments as they grow and change so fast! I wish I could say it gets easier but really it just gets different! I do miss those baby snuggles since mine are wild toddlers now! :)
ReplyDelete(I am Alli's friend, Drew's, sister- met you at her wedding before we both had twins!)