As of last week, I am officially in my third trimester as of this week...yet I was told by my doctor that my uterus is the size of someone in their 40th week if they are carrying just one baby. This probably explains why I have to stop and take a breath halfway up the staircase, why I am physically drained by the end of the day, and why my belly is so enormous!
Additionally, everywhere I went last week I received the same question...When is your due date?? The look on the faces when I tell them that my actual due date in May 6th is priceless....it is generally a look of horror followed by understanding when I tell them I am carrying two! Last week I must have looked huge because in one trip to the grocery store 3 different women went out of their way to tell me just how large I am. So far this hasn't really bothered me...I see the size of my belly...it is large! I'm sure that the comments will get old soon, but for now I am enjoying laughing at the commentary....Here are a few of my favorites so far:
Lady#1 in Publix - Wow! You must be ready to deliver any day now
Me - No, I'm still about 9 weeks away
Lady#1 in Publix - Oh my goodness - as she stared at my belly button!
Me - I'm having twins
Lady #1in Publix - Oh, thank God!
Lady #2 in Publix - You must be getting very close
Me - Nope, still over 2 months away
Lady # 2 - What????
Me - Twins
Lady #2 - Oh, that makes sense
Cashier at Pubix - Oh, how much longer until the baby arrives?
Me - a little over 2 months
Cashier - Are you having twins?
Me - Yes - while laughing
Cashier - Goooood Luck!
A note from one of my favorite students that I found sticking to my computer:
"I saw your hideous, huge, bulging belly button all the way across the office and I couldn't eat lunch today. Thanks a lot! Love, Tanner
I laughed so hard because I have a class of all boys and they are disgusted by the belly button as it is popping out of my shirts at this point!
Nothing but good times!
No comments:
Post a Comment