Where to start??? First and foremost let me just say that I absolutley LOVE being pregnant. I have no real complaints about the past 27 weeks. Over the years I have often heard women complain about all of the side effects associated with pregnancy and how they couldn't wait for it to be over. I am NOT one of those people. While I have complained a bit to my understanding husband and parents about the poor quality of sleep and the backaches, I haven't had a real solid complaint yet.
Throughout my struggles with fertility I would get so angry when women would complain about their symptons.....I would have given anything to puke for 10 weeks straight if that meant that a baby would be there at the end of it all.. I prayed that one day I too would be able to gain 60 pounds, only to have to lose it again, if I could just have a child. When I finally found out that I was pregnant I decided that no matter what, I would make this experience positive.....if I gained 80 lbs...oh well....put on a smile. If my face broke out in a rash for 9 months...well, that's what makeup is for. If I puked for 3 months, that was God validating my pregnancy. I think Scott and I have tried to be very upbeat and positive during this amazing time period.
I truly have appreciated every moment of every day since August 28th. From the second we found out, I feel like I haven't stopped smiling and I have never felt better about myself. I think for the first time in my adult life I stopped caring about weight gain and what I looked like and I have focused on trying to be healthy (without going crazy) and to enjoy every second of this journey since it will likely be my only chance. I have been so blessed that I have not been sick once, I have had no real food aversions (other than salad...which I don't love lettuce anyway), nor have I had any of the crazy craving you hear about. My weight gain has been great so far...not too much and mostly just belly, although I realize that should be changing any day now! I think the "glow" that people talk about has a lot to do with the energy and vibes that you put out. Honestly, I have never been happier or more confident than I am these days....even with my rapidly expanding waistline (thank goodness for elastic waistbands!). I hope this doesn't sound too boastful....I just wanted everyone to know how truly lucky, grateful, and happy I am. I am seriously amazed by this whole process everyday. Scott and I couldn't be happier and we are soooo looking forward to meeting these boys....but not that eager...we need them to stay put until April 20th!!
Thanks to everyone who has prayed for us and these boys....I beleive someone is listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment