Friday, February 18, 2011

Showers......

Continuing with my busy week, I had another appointment with the specialist and we again were able to see ultrasounds of the boys.  They are getting BIG!!!  So far everything looks good with the pregnancy, per the doctor, and he said the boys are "bigger than average".  Scott and I were relieved to hear that...we are afraid they may come a bit early, so we are hoping to fatten them up a bit before then. 
When the doctor was performing the ultrasound, TJ and Matthew were both balled up in fetal position with their faces down, like they were frogs.  TJ has a case of the hiccups and we could see his little body jump on the monitor. We were also able to hear it when we listened to the heartbeat.  The nurse also pointed out that TJ has a bit of hair that she was able to see.  It was so funny looking!
Here are there stats as of Thursday:

TJ - 3lbs 3 oz  heartbeat - 150
Matthew - 3lbs 6 oz - heartbeat 136

Later that afternoon my friends at school threw a baby shower for me.  I really have some generous co-workers.  The guests all gave us wonderful and useful gifts....and lots of diapers!!!!  I continue to be blessed. My roommate (we share a classroom) Laura and two other friends at work, Shannon and Lana, all hosted the shower and did such a nice job.  I am lucky to have co-workers that I can also call friends.  I don't know that everyone can say that!  Each of these ladies took the time to plan and organize a great afternoon.

This Saturday, Scott's cousins and Aunts (Ashley, Kristi, Patti, and Pam) are throwing a baby shower for family and friends of the family.  I am so looking forward to seeing everyone...it has been a long time since I have seen some of these ladies.  I'll post pictures later from the shower!!! I'm so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment