Tuesday, February 1, 2011

3D Photos

TJ Sucking his thumb

Matthew

Head to Head

TJ's leg, but Matthew's feet at the top!

Matthew's hands holding the back of his legs.

Last week, Scott, my parents, and Scott’s parents all went to “Peek-a-Belly” in Woodstock to view 3D/4D ultrasounds of the boys.  For those of you who have not heard of this, it is an ultrasound where you can see clearly the faces and bodies of the babies.  This technology has been around for a few years, but is getting less expensive and thus more popular as time goes on. I think I can speak for all of us there that this was a pretty amazing experience. 
Because Scott and I have seen so many ultrasounds of these little guys, it wasn’t so much an “emotional” experience, but more like getting towards the end of a mystery novel; we were finally able to catch a glimpse of what our boys look like.  On the other hand, this was a pretty emotional experience for my parents.  They have been painfully aware of the difficulties in getting to this point and for them to be able to see these babies wiggling and kicking and interacting with each other was pretty special.  I saw tears of joy come to their eyes as they were able to see their newest grandchildren. 
The technician began with “Baby A” or TJ as we like to call him.  TJ was quite the little mover and shaker once again.  We were quickly able to see his little face and body.  The images were amazing.  We saw his long, muscular leg.  At least it looks long…but also pretty solid.  He was really moving everywhere but we were able to get some really good pictures of him.
The technician moved on to “Baby B”, our little Matthew.  He was calmer than his brother, but still moving quite a bit.  At one point Matthew had his feet crossed at the ankle and had his hands pulling his thighs closer to his body.  His thighs looked pretty thick too.
As of last night, the boy’s heads are next to each other and their legs and arms get tangled up in one another.  In the one picture of TJ’s thigh, Matthew’s feet are right there in the middle of things.  I am starting to understand why “they” say that putting twins in the same bed at night helps them sleep together.  After spending all of this time cuddled together it must be unnerving to be separated from each other. 
On that note, I really have to remember to not complain about being uncomfortable when I try to sleep.  I have basically created a “pillow fort” around me while I sleep, trying to get a few consecutive hours of good sleep.  My back has been aching while I lay in bed, so I try to sleep somewhat upright, which does seem to help.  What doesn’t help is the cat trying to sleep on top of me all night!  But, for all of the discomfort that I feel, I can’t imagine how tight the space is for these little guys.  They are now at or above 2lbs each and with my short torso and Scott’s genetics, man…these guys must be ready to get out and stretch.  And, since we have a little less than 3 months left, they are really going to hate being in there as the get bigger and bigger.




No comments:

Post a Comment