When we started this crazy journey and found out we were having twins, we were told that this was a high risk pregnancy due to my age, the IVF factor, and the twin thing. The doctors told us that I could go on bedrest as early as January, that the babies could also come very early. All along the pessimistic side of us planned for the worst. I tried to have everything at work done by February 1st. We had the nursery done in February, so we have been ready for quite a while now. As I enter my 37th week tomorrow, I am amazed at how long I have lasted and how resilient these boys are. I seriously thought they would come early. We have just been praying that they would be at least 5 1/2 lbs at birth so that they are not so small....
With each appointment at the specialist we have received approximate weights on the boys. All along Scott and I have thought they were bigger than average, even if just by a few ounces. Two appointments ago the doctors finally admitted that they were a little bigger than average, which made us happy. Knowing that the boys will be earlier than the actual May 6th due date, Scott and I were hoping for the 5 1/2 lb mark by the delivery date of April 20th. At our appointment a month ago the boys were 4lb 12oz (TJ) and 4lb 15oz (Matthew). In all of the literature I have read, it says that twin weight gain naturally slows down in the final month or so in order to have room to move. With that said, we did not expect to hear what we heard yesterday.....
Final Stats....
TJ: 7 lb 4 oz
Matthew : 7 lb 5oz
Of course there is always room for error as the measurements cannot be exact, but even if they are off by a pound, that still puts these boys into the 6 pound mark and that makes this Mom and Dad sleep a whole lot easier. It will be interesting to see what they really weigh and how tall each boy is.
Also, somehow...and I'm not sure how it was possible, other than he must be academically gifted, but Matthew corrected his breech position and the boys heads are both down and they are head to head...in perfect position. I have no idea how this kid maneuvered himself down because he was in breech position for well over a month and trust me when I tell you there is NO ROOM for movement....as I have been telling Scott all along...I think Matthew will be the sneaky one....when he does stuff, it will be monumental. LOL. Only time will tell. For now, they are in the right position, weight is great, they are snuggling with each other, (although it looked as if they were kicking each other on the monitor yesterday) and they are just getting stronger with each day. Less than a week to go..only 6 more nights!!!!!
![]() |
| 36 WEEKS....This is my sister-in-law's maternity top/dress. She was able to wear it with tights...not so much for me! |

No comments:
Post a Comment