So at this point in the pregnancy I am pretty uncomfortable...no shock there. I am trying my best not to complain....and I think I'm doing a pretty good job, although apparently one of my previous blogs I must have complained a bit too much. My swelling has decreased...likely due to not walking around an enormous high school for 10 hours a day! My fatigue level is not as bad...again, now that I am not working and I can just sit with Roger on the couch and read, I am feeling much more relaxed. I am however so stinking uncomfortable. I am very uneasy driving now.....mainly since my belly is about an inch from the steering wheel and that is wih me reclined as far as possible with still being able to grab the wheel and press the gas! Luckily my amazing mother has been there to act as my personal driver, cart pusher, gardener, dry cleaner, etc.
Everyone we talk to asks us if we are ready for the babies......that's a pretty tough question to answer....Do we have everything we need?....sure do...Is the nusery ready?....yep. Bags packed?...yep...Car seats installed? ....yep. Physically I think we have everything ready....But to ask if we are ready....Scott's favorite answer is "I'm not sure". We have our ideas of what to expect, but since we have never been through this, who knows. Obviously we feel that we will be prepared to be parents, but until you are thrown into the ring, I don't think you're really ready.
Are we anxious?? Of course! Every night I go to sleep and wonder if this is the last night that it will just be the two of us. We know our lives will be changed in an instant and we are very ready for that...been ready for years. We are so excited to meet these two little men and see what they look like and how they act.
What are we anxious about? I for one am nervous about the delivery...I'm not too good with surgery and I have had only minor procedures in the past...this is kind of major! Not so sure how I will react to the pain and the meds. I am anxious about sleep....I am someone that needs a lot of sleep....my brain does not function without sleep....I never could pull an all-nighter to study in college...just wouldn't work! I am nervous about the health and well-being of these boys. I am sure everything will be ok...but you never can be sure. But...only 2 weeks from today and the boys will be here......or sooner.....if they want....Scott does not want them to arrive any earlier than planned...shocking that he doesn't want to be surprised...On the other hand, if they came next week I wouldn't complain...I am ready and I would love a surprise! I guess only time will tell. 14 more days!
No comments:
Post a Comment