Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Family Matters

As we come to the end of this chapter in the book of our lives, I think it is important to look back a reflect on some things....

The most important thing is to recognize the importance of our families on this road to parenthood.  There is no way we could have gotten this far without the love and support of our family members...We know that tons of prayers have been said for us along the way. 
Scott and I have been married for a little over 4 years now and after about the 2nd year, people must have realized that we were having trouble getting pregnant because, for the most part, the questions stopped, which took a lot of pressure off of us... We knew that people were concerned and cared, but being as though we are both pretty private people, it felt good to not explain ourselves to anyone.  Then we told family that we were going to start fertility treatments and we could feel the support and prayers from those that we love.  From there, we gained strength to move forward with our decisions.

My sister-in-law has been simply amazing throughout this ordeal....while we both HATE to talk on the phone, she has been great about sending me inspirational cards and letters, all of which I have kept and collected in my scrapbook....I want these boys to know how amazing Aunt Alli is and how much they are loved.  She has been like a sister to me and is always sending out positive vibes!! Her kind words have continued to lift my spirits.  I can't wait for T.J. and Matthew to be in her arms, because I know she is going to shower them with love.

My brother is a little different...he is more of the "get over it" type of guy.  If something is broken...fix it....there is no room for tears, suck it up and move forward.  Sometimes, while this seems harsh, it was what I needed to hear...even if it made me mad!  His philosophy was more like, there is something wrong with you?  Ok, go to the doctor, get it fixed, and have some kids....it will all work out!  He was right.  He is probably the only person in my life that can get away with talking to me like that....he has always been that way and it is how we handle things...I know he is BEYOND excited to become an uncle and he is going to be a great one....hopefully he will push my boys the way he pushed me, because I think it is so important to have someone in your life that will push you out of your own pity party.

Scott's family has been great too!  They are not as verbal as my family...they keep things to themselves quite a bit, especially Scott's dad, but they have been incredible in their unwavering support of everything we do.  I know his grandmothers, aunts, and cousins have been praying for us non-stop and couldn't be more excited.  Scott's mother has been busy planning meals for us and is even cooking Easter dinner for us since we will be coming home from the hospital that morning (hopefully).  Since it is the boys first holiday, I did want our families to come over, but obviously I will not be cooking.  Myra has taken charge of this and as usual, will prepare a delicious meal for us to share and celebrate.  It is such a relief to not have to worry about the little things, knowing that someone you trust and love is going to handle it.

Finally, my parents.....there is no way we would be having two boys tomorrow if it wasn't for them.....Besides helping us to finance the fertility treatments, my mother has come to so many of my doctor appointments, learned to give me my fertility shots in the event that I couldn't do them, has been there for every step of this process, taking notes, asking questions, and keeping me sane.  My dad's role has been more of the fix-up guy.  He has done so much work around my house to get it ready for the boys....it has been so awesome.  Their help has not gone unnoticed....I am forever appreciative of them and all that they have given and sacrificed for us to get to this point!!!

Only one more day until the entire family gets to meet our newest additions!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment