The present time is 9pm on April 19, 2011. I am officially less than 12 hours from holding my boys in my arms......I can't believe it. It feels like a lifetime since we started this journey and for me it truly has been a lifetime of wanting to be a parent.
As a little kid I was the oldest girl amongst all of my cousins. We grew up playing make believe all the time and in each scenario I either wanted to be the Mommy or the teacher.....these are the only two roles I have ever wanted in my life. I have been teaching for 15 years now........I have been waiting since I was a little girl to be a Mommy. 37 years is a long time to wait for a dream to come true, and now my dream is about to be a reality, times two. It is so amazing!!!
I am sure that tomorrow is going to be a crazy day...the pain of a c-section, the emotion of getting to this point, holding Matthew and T.J. for the first time....I think I'm goingto be a mess....but that's ok. I can't wait to show these boys off to the world.
Scott and I keep getting asked..."Are you ready?" and the answer is, without a doubt, "YES!!". While we will have to work through the kinks, and we are surely not ready for sleep deprivation, we are ready to be parents. I believe that it is going to be difficult, but at the end of the day, we have everything we need to be good parents: we love each other, we love our boys, we have a supportive family, and we have diapers and formula....other than that....we'll get through it! We have been counting down to April 20th for 37 weeks now...
I am still shocked that these boys did not make their appearance earlier. I really thought they would be here by now. I am thrilled that I have been able to keep them almost 38 weeks.....who knows how long they would stay if they were actually given the chance. But, we're not going to find out...they WILL be here tomorrow morning, by nine if everything goes according to plan.
For the past few days everything has been about the "last time" before we're parents....We went to the movies on Sunday, last night was Roger's last night here (he went to Scott's parents this morning for a few days), tonight we went out for our last meal as non-parents....its so funny....I can't wait to begin the "first times"....first night with our children, first diaper change - that's all you Daddy, first cries, first smiles, etc. Our lives are going to change considerably in 12 hours......and it is going to be amazing....although when I am sleep deprived and crazy I may need a reminder!!
Well, I guess the next time I update I will have pictures of my boys...
No comments:
Post a Comment