Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Pro's and Con's of Pregnancy


Pro’s 
v  People are incredibly nice and considerate
v  Special parking spots
v  It is OK to take as many naps as you want
v  Being fat has not been this acceptable since you were 3 years old
v  With every stretch mark you get, you know it is allowing your babies to get bigger
v  The first “flutter” you feel
v  You are the center of attention (for now)
v  Comfy clothes
v  You get to wear flip-flops to work even though it’s not dress code
v  No carrying heavy items – laundry, groceries, etc
v  Feeling the movement of your children and knowing that the more they move, the stronger they get
Con’s
v  Not being able to sleep at night
v  Swollen feet
v  Stretch marks
v  The sense of nervousness that can only be relieved when you hear the heartbeats of your children
v  Did I mention stretch marks?
v  Inability to put shoes and socks on without assistance
v  Clumsiness
v  Moving much slower than in the past
v  Growing out of all of your maternity clothes (the joy of twins!)
v  Not being able to get comfortable, not matter how you sit, stand, or lay down
v  Keeping the secret from friends and family for a few months until the end of the first trimester
v  Getting kicked in the ribs by two active boys

     After 37 weeks and 5 days of pregnancy I can honestly say that I think I am going to miss all of this....I won't miss the discomfort, but just being pregnant.  I love knowing that I am in control of these little guys right now and that I am responsible for their well-being.  In less than 24 hours all of that will change.....I have the entire world to contend with.  They will not always be safe, they can get sick or hurt, and I can't prevent it.  I have, until the last 2 weeks or so, enjoyed every second of this true miracle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment