Friday - August 27th
During this week I was unusually nervous and apprehensive and wondering if the IVF procedure worked. By Friday I was two days late (sorry to be graphic) and I decided to buy a home pregnancy test. I had a previously scheduled doctor's appointment for Saturday morning, but I couldn't wait any longer. I knew that the test could be inaccurate, but I felt that I had to do it anyway.
Pregnant....probably the best word I have ever read. I was beside myself when the window on the pregnancy test confirmed my suspicions. I took the test and left it on the counter for Scott to see when he arrived home from work. Of course, he didn't even notice it!! I told him that I left something on the counter for him....when he read it he didn't react...at all...he slowly looked up and said "Is this for real". I said "Yes, but we have to go to the doctor tomorrow for a blood test to really prove it". His response "OK, well then I am not getting excited if this can be a mistake"....He gave me a big hug and we felt, for the first time, that this could be the moment that we would remember for the rest of our lives.......and we will!
Saturday August 28
Off to the Perimeter Office to take a blood test. test took 30 seconds and they said they would call us in a few hours with the results......now to wait. We were at home for about an hour when the call came. Dr. Fogle, one of the doctors at ACRM, responded with a Congratulations...everything worked, and then told me my HCG (hormone) level. Apparently the number she gave me was impressive.
Needless to say Scott and I were too excited...We went immediately to the store to buy some "Grandparent" picture frames. We wanted to wait awhile to tell our parents, but since my mother was at so many of my appointments, she knew we were due to find out the results in a few days. I knew if I lied to her she would be crushed...So, off we went to share our wonderful news.
No comments:
Post a Comment