Scott and I really wanted to wait a bit longer, as I was only 10 weeks along, to tell everyone at our jobs what was happening. But, with my shirts and pants quickly getting tighter, we decided the secret was going to be out soon enough.
I went to work and told just a few people and my friend Laura was announcing it to the world. I think she was just so happy to be able to talk about the secret. Her daughters, Keaton and Ashley (our future babysitters) came in the classroom first that morning so we told them. I told the girls I was going to need their help filling out some papers, and I held up a baby book. They ran across the room and nearly tackled me...it was so sweet. Then I told them that they weren't going to have to fight over who got to hold the baby...there would be plenty to go around. Ashely was so excited that she announced it to my entire government class. The students all know and most of the faculty. I have received such amazing notes, cards, and emails of congratulations!
Scott began his day with an email to all of his friends announcing the news....not surprisingly he had lots of congratulations, and then in typical fashion, the emails got crazy....these are memories that have been printed and will be saved and put in the baby scrapbook!
As the days wore one, the congratulations and cards continue to come in. I never realized how much people cared. It is truly a blessing to have this many people sincerely care about you and wish us well. Blessed is all I can say.
No comments:
Post a Comment