With gift in hand, Scott and I headed over to my parents to surprise them with the news. I left the gift on the hood of my mother's car and we went inside the house. I had my parent go to the garage to help Scott get the pressure washer out of the car. When the garage door opened, the yellow bag was sitting there. My mother looked a little dumbfounded and grabbed the bag. She opened it and couldn't say anything....just tears and hugs. My father picked up on what was going on and joined us in the tears and hug circle. It's been a long time coming and the stress that we all felt has finally been alleviated. We planned a celebratory dinner for that night at Down Town Kitchen, one of our favorite places to eat.
We were anxious to tell Scott's parents too....however his brother Richard and Jacob were at their house most of the day on Sunday and Scott kept calling his dad to see if they were gone yet. His dad was concerned that something was wrong....It wasn't until we surprised them with the visit that they realized that NOTHING was wrong...finally everything was right. Tommy was mad that we wouldn't let him share the news...but very excited about the pregnancy. Myra was in tears, exactly as I thought she would be. They are both very excited to become grandparents again.
No comments:
Post a Comment