Thursday, October 28, 2010

Spreading the news..

After returning from Colorado we were excited to tell the rest of the family.  We decided to wait until the next weekend, since Richard and Myra were out of town with Grandma.  We planned a brunch at Myra's house and shared the news.  Grandma was excited, but very reserved, which is typical of her.  However, her eyes filled with tears and said that she was so glad her prayers worked.  We then broke the news that we're having twins....She said I guess the prayers really worked!! Richard and Jacob were there too and they were excited to hear the news.
We decided that we would call Patti and Pam and let them know, and then we would go tell Memaw.  We knew if we told her first, she would be on the phone in a second calling Patti and Pam.  Patti and Ashley were together in the car when Scott broke the news...I could hear the screams through Scott's phone.  They were so excited.  Pam received the next call and had almost the identical response.
We, and by we I mean me and Scott, Tommy, Myra, and Grandma, decided to tell Memaw and Ed in person.  Memaw was excited to see us and when we told her she was delighted.  She was so excited that she asked if she should turn in her resignation to her boss so she could stay home with the babies.  Too cute!!

The night before all of this I decided to call the Heckelman crew because it was Margaret's birthday and I knew the whole bunch would be around.  I called Aunt Marie in the afternoon and broke the news....I was very choked up telling her, my Godmother, that I was going to be a mother....Beyond excited is what I got from the Heckelman bunch.  The phone calls came in for the rest of the evening with best wishes and prayers from everyone. 
I then called Uncle Brendan and Aunt Rosemary.  I spoke to Aunt Roe first and she told me how much she had been praying and knew this was going to happen now...She was all teared up and excited.  She put Uncle Bren on the phone and I was stunned by his reaction.....he could hardly catch his breath as he was sobbing.  It feels so amazing to know that so many people love us and truly care about our well-being!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment