Thursday, October 28, 2010

Twins....really??

After the initial excitement of hearing that we were expecting twins, the sudden realization that this was going to be a major challenge began to set in.  The finances are scary enough - 2 cribs, 2 car seats, double stroller, the list goes on and on....But facing the task of managing two crying babies, 20 diaper changes (as opposed to about 10/day), feeding two little mouths, etc., is just plain terrifying.  I know we will get through all of the challenges, especially with all of the support we will have.  We are so lucky to have my parents so close and Scott's entire extended family nearby....so lucky.

Once we began to settle down and realize that we can get through any of these challenges, we started looking at all of the amazing things that happens with twins.  First, our family will double in size at one time.  Second, our children will know each other every day of their lives.  They will always have a playmate to hang out with when they are growing up.  I can't imagine what my life would be like without my brother, so I know these two will only benefit from having a buddy and every holiday, especially Christmas, will be even more amazing. Oh, and Scott and I won't have to fight over cuddle time, we'll each have a snuggle buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment